




Even though my flight leaving for St. Louis left at 6:40 am (are you serious? you really tried booking a flight THAT early in the morning even though you know how awful you are before 10:00 am? I really am asking for it...), I decided go out the night before. And what was supposed to be a nice, quiet evening with friends turned into a raging ping pong tournament that lasted well beyond midnight. Hmm...so I woke up at 5:40 am, packed a single bag, threw some clothes on, brushed the gophers, and literally flew to the Eugene airport to attempt to somehow make my flight at 6:40 am. I parked the car in long term parking, and ran to the gate, but did not arrive until 6:20 am. So while I am expecting US Airlines to laugh in my face as I hand over my paperwork...I am surprised when the attendant states: "Mr. Kutzner, we have been expecting you. Have a great flight." Umm...yeah! Okay, no fees, no charges, no lectures... I get through security and walk right onto the plane.
I LOVE SMALL AIRPORTS!
So naturally, the first thing to do when arriving in Missouri is to go to Steak n' Shake. Quite a hectic day flying cross-country, but there is always time for the greatest restaurant known to mankind. Luckily, we have a few shots of the nephews enjoying the wise decision of their elders.
No comments:
Post a Comment